About this recipe:
This millet recipe is great for a number of reasons, but I like it for the simple use of the whole grain millet. This is a powerful combination of ingredients when you include the cauliflower. Millet is making a splash as one of the “newer” whole grains on the market for its high nutritional value and its versatility. Some of the health benefits of millet include:
- It is high in fiber and protein
- High in essential B vitamins (niacin, B6, folic acid)
- May benefit people suffering with arthritis, inflammation, PMS, and poor bone health
- Has high levels of Magnesium which has been shown to relax the muscles and the nerves
- Can reduce the severity of asthma and migraine attacks
This recipe also calls for something else that I love to play with which is Umeboshi vinegar. Umeboshi is a Japanese vinegar used in many dishes that adds a combination of sour, salty, and fruity flavors. It is a by product of the umeboshi making process which are red, pickled fruits, called ume, used in many Japanese dishes. If you do not have or can’t find this great tasting vinegar you can always substitute red wine vinegar and it would be fine as well.
Antioxidant, Anti inflammatory, Anti Cancer, Anti Aging, Healthy Fats, Low Carb, Nutrient Dense "Superfood", Supports Healthy Immune System, Supports Gut Health, Supports Brain Function, Supports Detoxification
For the full details of this recipe including ingredients and directions, contact us today to become a customer of Robby's Health and Wellness!