Chana Dal is a specific type of Indian-style chick pea that is much smaller and is also split. This bean is very popular in all areas of India and it is used to make many different types of dishes and desserts.
About this recipe:
Chana Dal (as opposed to China Doll) is a specific type of Indian-style chick pea that is much smaller and is also split. This bean is very popular in all areas of India and it is used to make many different types of dishes and desserts. This particular chana dal recipe brought to us by the IIN community is of the sweeter variety.
While most of us know about the health benefits of beans, these particular chick peas have so many benefits it is worth mentioning a few of them.
- Provides energy: Chana dal is rich in B-complex vitamins (B1, B2, B3, and B9) which play an important role in glucose metabolism, by extracting energy from our food and converting it into the form in which our bodies use and store energy.
- Keeps your heart healthy: As a rich antioxidant Chana dal helps reduce the damage caused by free radicals to the blood vessels and lowers the dreaded inflammation.
- Extremely Diabetic friendly: The glycemic index is very low making it a superfood for diabetics.
- Improves insulin response: It is rich in magnesium, so it improves insulin response by lowering insulin resistance.
- Is a superfood for pregnant women: Chana dal is an excellent source of folic acid, which helps prevent birth defects of a child’s brain and spinal chord.
This basic sweet version is just one of the many ways you can incorporate this incredible bean into your diet. As a type 2 diabetic, I look forward to trying more chana recipes and sharing them with you.
Antioxidant, Anti inflammatory, Anti Cancer, Anti Aging, Healthy Fats, Low Carb, Nutrient Dense "Superfood", Supports Healthy Immune System, Supports Gut Health, Supports Brain Function, Supports Detoxification
For the full details of this recipe including ingredients and directions, contact us today to become a customer of Robby's Health and Wellness!