This sauteed chicken sausage and kale recipe is just another great excuse to eat more kale.
About this recipe:
9Kale, kale wonderful kale. This is easily one of my favorite recipes to play with. There are a great number of options that you can use to substitute or add. This particular recipe calls for chicken sausage, you can easily substitute Tamari marinated tofu to give you a vegan option. I love this recipe because its just another great way to incorporate kale into your daily diet. Many of us are quite familiar with the tremendous health benefits, as kale is among the healthiest foods on the planet.
Keeping kale in your diet helps load your body with very powerful antioxidants that cleanse your body as well as maintain its operation in just about every way.
Some may consider kale a boring vegetable, but as I began to change my own diet and incorporate kale. I found that not only did I love working with it, but I felt so good from eating it, it was like my body was saying “Thank You!! you finally made you way here!”
Using this basic recipe from IIN, you can begin to discover the many ways to use kale, and just how delicious one of the best foods on the planet can be.
Antioxidant, Anti inflammatory, Anti Cancer, Anti Aging, Healthy Fats, Low Carb, Nutrient Dense "Superfood", Supports Healthy Immune System, Supports Gut Health, Supports Brain Function, Supports Detoxification
Prep Level: Beginner/Novice
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Special Diet Friendly:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, sliced into half-moons (long, thin slivers)
- 2 precooked chicken sausages, sliced into 1/2” rounds
- 1/2 bunch kale, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Heat oil in frying pan.
- Sauté onions for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and kale.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until sausage is hot and kale becomes soft.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and serve.
- If you are a vegetarian, try substituting marinated tempeh for sausage. Cut tempeh into bite-size cubes, marinate in Tamari or soy sauce for 30 minutes and follow the recipe using tempeh in place of sausage.