This cauliflower "rice" and shrimp recipe is a great way to substitute a vegetable for a starch.
About this recipe:
This great recipe is not only tasty but super easy and quick to make. It takes only a few minutes to prepare and you’ll love yourself for doing it. Thankfully we have our friends from IIN and we have another great recipe. This cauliflower “rice” is a sperfect choice if you want to substitute a vegetable for a starch. Once you have learned this trick you’ll be using cauliflower in so many different ways.
Some of the great health benefits of cauliflower include:
- Nutrient dense
- High in Fiber
- Great source of antioxidants
- Can aid in weight loss
- Low-Carb alternative to grains and legumes
This recipe also contains one of my favorite foods in the world shrimp!
I think that shrimp is one of the most versatile items on the planet. Among other things that shrimp is great for, it is a great source of iodine a much needed nutrient that isn’t found in many foods. Shrimp is quite low in calories as well as fat and contains no carbs. It is high in protein, Vitamin B12, Iron, Niacin and Magnesium.
This a recipe that is so easy to fall in love with, and has a bite to it as well.
Antioxidant, Anti inflammatory, Anti Cancer, Anti Aging, Healthy Fats, Low Carb, Nutrient Dense "Superfood", Supports Healthy Immune System, Supports Gut Health, Supports Brain Function, Supports Detoxification
Prep Level: Food Enthusiast
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Special Diet Friendly:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large zucchini
- ¾ lb large shrimp
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp favorite hot sauce, or to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt, to taste
- Wash cauliflower and pat dry. Trim ends and transfer to food processor. Pulse until “rice” forms. Set aside in large bowl.
- Peel and dice onion and garlic and add to pan with olive oil on medium heat. Cook for five minutes or until caramelized.
- Wash, pat dry, and dice zucchini and add to pan. Cook for five more minutes.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to cauliflower and toss well. Add lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel, devein, rinse,and pat shrimp dry.
- Bring olive oil to medium-high heat in pan and cook shrimp for three minutes on each side until cooked through and opaque. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add almonds, ½ cup water, favorite hot sauce, sea salt, and pepper to blender or food processor and blend on high until creamy sauce forms. Add more water if needed.
- Serve shrimp over “rice” with spicy drizzle.