About this recipe:
This low carb and low fat pork chop recipe is is something to really enjoy. Since it uses lean cut pork tenderloin slices, you can enjoy it without all of the saturated fat usually associated with pork. The apple-mustard sauce really gives it a nice sweet and tangy balance while the yogurt in the recipe provides macrobiotics to increase your overall gut health. Your gut health or gut biome is known to be linked to many things that affect your overall health. Fermented items such as sauerkraut, kimchi, and kombucha, are great sources of micro and macro-nutrients. Some other great sources include certain types of cheeses, yogurt, and kefir.
Once you have tried this recipe you will certainly realize that it would lend itself well to chicken and fish.
Healthy Fats, Low Carb, Supports Healthy Immune System, Supports Gut Health, Supports Brain Function
Prep Level: Beginner/Novice
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Special Diet Friendly:
- 1 tbsp or butter
- 2 well trimmed lean pork loin chops
- 1 apple peeled, cored and sliced
- 2/3 cup apple juice or cider
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- Heat half the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the apple slices and lightly sauté.
- Add pork chops, placing the apple slices around the edges
- Cook the pork for about 1-2 minutes on each side until brown. (adding remaining butter as needed)
- Pour in apple juice, add fresh ground pepper to taste, and lower the heat.
- Cover and simmer until cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt, mustard and parsley and bring back to simmer.
- Serve with apples, rice, and/or vegetables and use additional sauce for flavor.